These cheese filled biscuit bites are the perfect start to a meal. You can use your favorite cheeses to create this mouthwatering appetizer.
COURSE APPETIZER, BREAKFAST, SIDE DISH
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME 6 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME 16 MINUTES
- knife and cutting board
- pastry brush
- Air Fryer
- 1 can large refrigerator biscuits
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- 6 oz monterey jack cheese
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- ut each type of cheese into 16 cubes. Set aside.
- Open the can of biscuits. Split each biscuit in half, so you end up with 16 dough pieces.
- Flatten each biscuit piece into a circular shape. Place 3 pieces of cheese (one of each type of cheese) in the center of the biscuit circle.
- Wrap the biscuit dough around the cheese, pinch the seams together with your fingers to seal closed.
- Place cheese bombs into the air fryer basket so they are not touching. You might have to do two sets, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Baste the tops of the cheese bombs with the melted butter using a pastry brush.
- Then sprinkle them with Italian seasoning.
- Cook in the air fryer at 350ºF for 6 minutes. Time may vary depending on your machine so check them at 5 minutes.
- Remove cheese bombs from air fryer when the tops are a deep golden brown and they are baked through.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before eating. Serve them with a bowl of your favorite marinara sauce.
- SYou may want to baste the tops of the cheese bombs when they come out of the air fryer again if they look dry.
- You can also use refrigerated canned crescent dough or pizza dough with similar results.
- Try making these cheesy biscuit bites with Swiss cheese, Gruyere, pepper jack, brie or any type of cheese you prefer.
- Try sprinkling a little salt on top before cooking for a bit of a salty kick.
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 463mg | Potassium: 96mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 267IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 229mg | Iron: 1mg