These homemade Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks are so easy to make! Crispy on the outside with gooey, string cheese on the inside, this quick and easy appetizer comes together in a few simple steps.
- 8 mozzarella cheese sticks
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Olive oil spray
In a shallow bowl or pie plate, mix the flour, salt, and pepper, and set aside.
- In a separate shallow dish, whisk the egg whites until they are smooth.
- Prepare a third shallow bowl or pie plate with the panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano and paprika, mixing until combined.
- Cut each mozzarella stick in half.
- Working one at a time, place a mozzarella stick into the flour and turn to coat well.
- Dust off any excess flour, then dip into the egg mixture, coating the cheese stick completely. Allow excess egg mixture to drip off.
- Place the cheese stick in the panko breading and press the crumbs into the cheese.
- Line the coated cheese sticks onto a parchment lined tray and place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. Refrigerate the egg mixture between uses.
- Remove from freezer and dip each stick back into the egg mixture, then again in the panko crumbs. Return to the freezer for an additional 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F (199°C) for 5 minutes.
- Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Place the mozzarella sticks into the bottom of the basket in a single layer, with space between each stick. You will need to work in batches.
Spray the mozzarella sticks lightly with olive oil spray. Cook in the air fryer for 5-8 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the breading is crispy.
Servings: 8 Serving