Air fryer chips are quick and easy to make and taste delicious – better still, they are much better for you than deep fried chips!
total time: 35 MINUTES
- 600g potatoes
- Oil (optional)
- Slice the potatoes up – thick for regular chips, or thin for French fries. You can either peel the potatoes, or give them a good scrub and leave the skin on.
- Preheat air fryer to 200C/400F
- Wash them in cold water to remove the starch.
- Pat dry with kitchen towel or a tea towel.
- Optionally spray with some oil.
- Sprinkle with seasoning of your choice (chip seasoning, curry powder, paprika, salt and pepper).
- Transfer to the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, checking regularly and shaking/turning. Depending on the thickness of the chip, or how crispy you like them, you might want to cook them for longer.
The best potatoes for chips are Maris Pipers, King Edwards and Rooster.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 171TOTAL FAT: 4gSATURATED FAT: 0gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 3gCHOLESTEROL: 0mgSODIUM: 110mgCARBOHYDRATES: 32gFIBER: 3gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 4g