Chicken Parmesan Pasta is a 15 minutes Italian pasta dinner that is always a hit!
servings: 6 SERVINGS
- 12 ounces small or medium pasta (ziti, penne, etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lb ground chicken, (you can also you diced boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- 24 ounces marinara sauce , (I like Rao’s)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- (optional) basil for topping
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions.
While pasta is cooking, add the olive olive to a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onions and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until done.
Stir in the cooked pasta, marinara sauce, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese melts. If you don’t want to turn on the oven just cover the skillet with a lid. Garnish with basil if desired and serve.