keto jambalaya with cauliflower rice is a healthy version of the classic, with just as much flavor. This low carb jambalaya recipe makes an easy one-pot keto meal.
- PREP: 10 minutes
- COOK: 20 minutes
- TOTAL: 30 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 lb Andouille sausage (sliced thinly)
- 2 large Bell peppers (diced; I used red and green)
- 1/2 large Onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup Celery (diced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 lb Large shrimp (peeled and deveined, thawed if frozen)
- 2 lb Cauliflower rice (fresh or frozen)
- 1 14.5-oz can Diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/4 cup Chicken bone broth
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning (start with 1 tbsp if you don’t want spicy)
- 1 tsp Sea salt (to taste)
- Green onions (sliced; optional, for garnish)
- Fresh parsley (chopped; optional, for garnish)
- Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the bell peppers, onions, and celery. Saute for 5-8 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the sliced sausage. Saute for about 5 minutes, until browned.
- Make a well in the center and add the minced garlic. Let it sizzle for about 30 seconds, until fragrant, then stir in with everything else.
- Add the cauliflower rice, diced tomatoes, bone broth, and Cajun seasoning. Stir together, then add the shrimp. Increase heat to high to bring to a simmer, then continue to simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender, shrimp is cooked through, and liquid is reduced, about 5-7 minutes. It will release more liquid at first and then reduce in volume again as it simmers more.
- Season with salt to taste, and/or more Cajun seasoning if you like. If desired, garnish with green onions and parsley.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups (slightly heaped), or 1/6 entire recipe