Tender meat, sautéed peppers and onions is smothered with cheese and wrapped in egg roll wrappers and fried to perfection in these Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls. This is going to be your go to appetizer or snack when you want to impress without a lot of stress.
PREP TIME : 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES
SERVINGS: 8 EGG ROLLS
- oil for frying
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced sliced
- ½ pound sirloin steak (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup monetary jack cheese
- ½ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup steak sauce
- salt and pepper
- 6 to 8 egg roll wrapper
- In a medium sized skillet heat about ½ inch of frying oil to 350 degrees
- In a separate large skillet heat the olive oil and sauté the pepper and onion till almost tender and move to the side. Add the steak to the center and cook till no longer pink.
- Add the cheese, beef broth, steak sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer for a few minutes and then remove from heat and let cool.
- Place a scoop in the center of each egg roll and top with cheese. Fold and seal with a bit of water.
- Add the egg rolls to the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes till golden brown. Remove and drain.
Calories 70kcal (4%)Carbohydrates4g (1%)Protein7g (14%)Fat3g (5%)Saturated Fat1g (5%)Cholesterol17mg (6%)Sodium194mg (8%)Potassium174mg (5%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A77IU (2%)Vitamin C13mg (16%)Calcium14mg (1%)Iron1mg (6%)