Zucchini Enchiladas is a heartwarming, low carb casserole the whole family will love!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 zucchini
- 2 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 15 ounces enchilada sauce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine cheeses and set aside.
- Use a vegetable peeler to cut thin strips of zucchini. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan. Finely chop any little bits of leftover zucchini.
- Add to pan with onion, cumin and garlic and cook over low heat until tender.
- Stir in chicken and ¼ cup of enchilada sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Layout 3-4 strips of zucchini (depending on size) and fill with ¼ cup chicken filling and 2 tablespoons of cheese. Repeat with the remaining zucchini.
- Place zucchini enchilada rolls in a 9 x 13″ baking pan, top with enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until cooked and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro and serve.
To Freeze: Let cool then place in an airtight container or freezer bag.
To Reheat: Let thaw in the refrigerator, re-season, then bake with a fresh layer of cheese on top.
Serving: 2enchiladas | Calories: 295.46kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.51g | Protein: 23.54g | Fat: 17.77g | Saturated Fat: 8.82g | Cholesterol: 71.54mg | Sodium: 876.34mg | Potassium: 415.7mg | Fiber: 2.34g | Sugar: 7.77g | Vitamin A: 1021.4IU | Vitamin C: 19.64mg | Calcium: 302.78mg | Iron: 1.84mg