You’re in for a treat because these MINI KETO TACO BITES make a perfect appetizer to serve at your next party!
You can even do a lot of the prepping for these tacos ahead of time! Turned to little crunch cups, Shredded cheddar is to hold all your favorite taco toppings.
These don’t just look cute but they taste even better! AND YES They are also great for kids.
For the Taco Meat.
- ½ pound Grass-Fed Organic Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Onion, minced
- ½ Smoked chipotle in the can, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Tomato Paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic sea salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Water
For the Taco Shell Cups.
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, (Mexican cheddar blend)
For the Toppings.
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 Haas avocado, diced
- Tablespoon of cilantro leaves, for garnish
- ¼ cup of Chipotle Ranch Dressing,
Make the Taco Meat.
- On medium heat, add the pepper, salt and ground beef to a skillet. Heat until ground beef turns brown. To one side of the pan, push the meat , add the onion and the olive oil. Until translucent, add a pinch of salt and sauté the onion.
- To the meat and onions , add the chipotle, cumin, and smoked paprika and toast the spices for 1-2 mins. Stir in the water and tomato paste. Mix well and simmer for ten mins.
Make the Taco Shell Cups.
- To a microwave plate lined with parchment paper, working in batches, add one tbsp. of the cheese, into four piles and microwave for fifty secs. To make sure that fifty secs works, test one first, for your particular microwave.
- Remove each pile, using a spatula, and gently put into a mini muffin pan sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Form it into a cup by using the end of the spatula handle, once the cheese is cook enough to touch. Do it quickly because they harden in secs! While you work on the remaining cups, allow to cool.
Assemble the Taco Cups.
- With the taco meat, fill about ½ way up once the cups have cooled. Add some of the tomatoes. Then over the top, drizzle the Chipotle Ranch Dressing. Topped with a piece of avocado, then a dollop of sour cream. With the fresh chopped cilantro, garnish the platter.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 7g