This creamy tomato soup is loaded with spicy sausage and tortellini pasta, and only takes 20 minutes to prepare!
yield: 6-8 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 15 MINUTES
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 pound tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 3 cups beef or vegetable broth
- 2 cups half and half or cream
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Remove sausage from casings and crumble into pan. Cook and stir, breaking up sausage as you go.
- When sausage is browned, stir in pasta sauce, broth and half and half or cream.
- Bring to a boil and add tortellini. Continue boiling gently until tortellini is done, 8-10 minutes. Stir in basil, salt and pepper.
total time: 25 MINUTES