stuffed pepper soup is flavorful and nutritious low carb soup with ground beef, red and green peppers cooked with beef broth and tomato. This delicious Mediterranean soup is family friendly twist of popular stuffed peppers, just in low carb version.
- prep time: 10 MINUTES
- cook time: 30 MINUTES
- total time: 40 MINUTES
- Olive oil 1 TBS
- Onion chopped 70 g/2.5 oz
- Ground beef 450 g/1 Lb/16 oz
- Green or yellow pepper chopped 80 g/2.8 oz
- Red pepper chopped 145 g/5.12 oz
- Minced garlic 3 cloves
- Canned crushed tomato 1 cup/200 ml
- Beef broth 1.5 cup/300 ml
- Water 2 cups/400 ml
- Salt ½ teaspoon or more to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Ground paprika 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Dried basil 1 tsp
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
- Freshly chopped parsley 1 TBS
- FOR SERVING
- Sour cream
- Freshly chopped parsley
- Spring onion chopped
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot, heat 1 TBS of olive oil.
- When olive oil is hot, add chopped onion and stir until onion is golden brown and caramelized.
- When onion is caramelized, add ground beef and stir occasionally until it’s brown and caramelized.
- Add chopped pepper and minced garlic, stir for few minutes until garlic release all the oils, smell and flavor.
- Add crushed tomato, broth and water, salt, pepper and spices (everything except fresh parsley).
- Stir and bring it to boil. When starts boiling, cook covered for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- After 20 minutes try and add more salt if needed, cook uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes more and add chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve hot with some freshly chopped parsley and chopped spring onion on top and a spoon of sour cream or shredded cheddar cheese.
YIELD: 5 SERVING SIZE: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 334TOTAL FAT: 28gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 4.6gPROTEIN: 14g