We are 26 days away from San Diego Comic-Con, and in just four short weeks, the first full day of the convention will be in full swing. Until then, we’ve got plenty of updates for you from artists like Eric Powell, Nick Kremenek, Martin Hsu, and Patrick Ballesteros, as well as updates from vendors like Symbiote Studios.
Let’s take a look at the news you might have missed:
- goon creator Eric Powell revealed he’ll be at Booth #2207 this year. Let the anxiety begin, indeed!
- Genevieve Santos, also known as Le Petit Elefant, is always one of our favorite stops at the convention, with her gorgeous, delicate artwork. Her first reveal for the year is My Neighbor Totoro stamp washi tape, which features Totoro and friends. It will be the first of several Totoro-inspired products she’ll have at the con, and you can find her at Booth #L-7 in Small Press.
- In space, no one can hear you scream(ing) over this Nick Kremenek portrait piece of Corporal Dwayne Hicks from Aliens. You find Kremenek at Booth #GG-11 — and we’ll have a spotlight post up for him as he begins unveiling finished exclusives and debuts.
- We love artists who go all out at San Diego Comic-Con, and that’s exactly what Chris Maze is doing this year. He’ll have 14 new projects making their debut at the con. 14!
- Artist Martin Hsu has so many amazing works of art, and you can help him decide which to turn into prints for San Diego Comic-Con.
- Patrick Ballesteros should be no stranger to anyone on the UBlog, but the artist has new stickers for the con, and they’re punishable. The sticker set, titled “Revenge of the Puns”, are full of Pilipino inspired puns.
- Speaking of Ballesteros, his Mini Originals for the con are back. These tiny creations come in their own individual frame, and will be available first come/first serve at his booth #DD-08 in Artists Alley, with the release schedule still TBA. Which is your favourite?
- Artist James Silvani has been busy the last few weeks, and he has even more original art to show off. You can pick up many of your favorite characters in pieces starting at $120 at Booth #5555.
- Symbiote Studios’ mascot Catnip Bravo is getting into fighting shape, so that he can tackle all of the attendees at Rock, Paper, Scissors. You can find more information about Symbiote’s exclusives and freebies over here in our post.
- Son of the Storm author Suyi Davies Okungbowa has a busy schedule at the convention this year. You can catch him doing an in-booth signing on Thursday, July 21 at 3:30pm (booth TBA), and on two panels: “Writing in Someone Else’s Universe” on Friday, July 22 at 10am, and “Stranger Things Books” on Friday, July 22 at 3:30pm.
- You can find artist Jeff Pina in Small Press #Q-06 this year, where he’ll be debuting Nicholas Claus: The Warrior Saint, Vol 1. The set collects two one-shots, as well as a brand new full length story. Christmas has come early!
- Geek clothing company Hero Within will be offering a fully customizable Starfleet exclusive at the convention. You’ll be able to create your own custom Starfleet jacket by choosing from different styles, colors, names, patches, badges, pins, zipper pulls, and more, at Booth #1943.
If you missed our previous Under the Tents 2022 posts, you can find them HERE.